Many countries have their own definitions of medical devices, including everything from simple bandages to complex pacemakers. In today’s globalized society, importing and exporting these devices is commonplace around the world. Of course, there are rules and regulations to meet. However, medical device translation service isn’t just about fulfilling export requirements; it’s about saving lives.
Why do we need medical device translation?
Medical professionals need to be knowledgeable about the devices they work with, no matter where they are or where the devices originate from. Meanwhile, patients need clear information so that they can understand what’s happening.
To achieve this, materials that accompany medical devices, such as packaging, marketing materials, leaflets, or technical information, need to be accessible. Medical device translation makes this possible, whether a company is exporting to one country or many. With accurate translations, the equipment can be used safely and effectively.
Supporting the wider population
Medical devices that are properly distributed and translated can contribute to the welfare of the population. Through the proper use of and well-informed patients, these devices can save lives and improve quality of life. People who feel better can return to work, support the economy, and live fulfilling lives.
The dangers of poor communication
When overcoming communication barriers, it can be tempting to rely on colleagues and friends who speak several languages. But when it comes to medical translation, accuracy is vital. One misunderstood phrase or wrongly translated word could have disastrous results.
Between 2004 and 2005, cancer patients were given massive overdoses of radiation treatment at a hospital in eastern France. This resulted in several deaths and affected dozens of other patients. Healthcare regulators found that, amongst other issues, translation problems contributed to the incident. The software used to define the doses was only available in English. Hospital staff members, therefore, relied on bilingual colleagues who used the software.
Medical translation is a complex field. Translators need to speak at least two languages fluently, understand technical medical vocabulary, and employ the best translation techniques. Trained professionals are able to navigate these requirements.
For example, patient information leaflets need to be accurate but accessible. Translations that use overly scientific language could cause misunderstandings in such leaflets, which is why it is important to match the tone of the original document. Meanwhile, translations for technical information about the device may include complex terminology that the translator needs to understand.
When exporting medical devices to multiple countries or regions, companies may be faced with differing language rules and regulations. It’s important to understand exactly what’s needed and ensure that translations are in the right language for countries or regions with several official languages.
Enabling Global Success: Future Trans’ Specialized Medical Device Translation Services
Future Trans provides specialized translation services to support the medical device industry in effectively communicating with global markets. Here’s how Future Trans can assist in medical device translation:
- Accurate Translation: Future Trans ensures precise and accurate translation of medical device documentation, including user manuals, instructions for use, labeling, packaging, and technical specifications. Their team of experienced linguists with expertise in medical terminology ensures that the translated content maintains its technical accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Regulatory Compliance: Future Trans understands the importance of regulatory compliance in the medical device industry. They have knowledge of global regulatory frameworks and can assist in translating and localizing documentation to meet specific regulatory requirements in different target markets, ensuring adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Localization of User Interfaces: Future Trans helps in localizing the user interfaces of medical devices to ensure a seamless user experience for international customers. They adapt the user interface elements, such as buttons, menus, and error messages, to the target language and culture, improving usability and user satisfaction.
- Adaptation for Regional Preferences: Future Trans takes into account regional preferences and cultural nuances when translating and adapting medical device content. They consider local terminology, measurement units, and any specific legal or cultural requirements, ensuring that the translated materials are appropriate and well-received in the target markets.
- Multilingual Labeling and Packaging: Future Trans assists in translating and localizing labeling and packaging materials for medical devices. They ensure that the translated content complies with local regulations, includes the required information, and accurately reflects the intended use and safety instructions of the device.
- Clinical Study Documentation: Future Trans supports the translation of clinical study documentation related to medical devices, such as clinical trial protocols, informed consent forms, adverse event reports, and investigator brochures. Their experienced linguists ensure accurate and confidential translation of critical study materials.
- Post-Market Surveillance: Future Trans helps in translating post-market surveillance documentation, including adverse event reports, periodic safety update reports (PSURs), and risk management plans. Their expertise ensures accurate and timely translation for effective global safety monitoring and reporting.
- Training and Educational Materials: Future Trans provides translation services for training and educational materials related to medical devices. They can translate instructional videos, e-learning modules, training manuals, and other educational content to facilitate effective training and knowledge transfer to healthcare professionals and end-users worldwide.
- Quality Assurance: Future Trans maintains a rigorous quality assurance process to ensure the highest level of accuracy and consistency in medical device translations. They have established quality control measures, including proofreading, editing, and review by subject-matter experts, to deliver reliable and high-quality translations.
- Confidentiality and Data Security: Future Trans prioritizes the confidentiality and security of sensitive medical device information. They have robust data protection measures in place to ensure the privacy and integrity of client data throughout the translation process.
Through their specialized expertise and commitment to quality, Future Trans supports the medical device industry in effectively communicating product information, ensuring regulatory compliance, and expanding global market reach with accurate and localized translations.
Future Trans – Medical Translation Services for MENA
At Future Trans, we work to the highest standards, creating medical translations for MENA languages. Thanks to the latest technologies and tight quality control processes, we deliver fast and accurate translations for our clients around the world.
To find out more, please visit our medical translation services page. Alternatively, send us a quick message about your project to discuss how we can help.